I investigate issues of equity across space and time using applied spatial econometrics and statistics with policy-driven, systems-integrating solutions. I’m currently the Assistant Director of Health Informatics at the Center for Spatial Data Science at University of Chicago.
My current research intersects domains of food access, public health, and housing.
View my resume here. (Updated CV coming!)
I also enjoy writing lyrical nonfiction and poetry, and received my M.F.A. in writing from Roosevelt in 2011. I love my records almost as much as my terminal, as well as my family, Polish poster art, travel whenever possible, and mountain hikes.
Grants & Awards
- Web Map Competition – Winner in Professional Category, Il-GISA (2016)
- Concordium Award for Innovations with Data (2016)
- GeoDa Fellowship for Graduate Studies (2014-2015)
- FME Grant by Safe Software (2015, 2016)
- Graduate & Professional Student Association Travel Grant (2015, 2016)
- FOSS4G-NA Conference Grant (2015)
- Scholarship for Graduate Studies, Kosciuszko Foundation (2010, 2015)
- Ostrowsky Nomination (2011)
Current and Past Collaborations & Affiliations
- Center of Spatial Data Science, University of Chicago
- School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning, Arizona State University
- Visual Analytics and Data Exploration Research (VADER) Lab, School of Computing, Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering, Arizona State University
- Chicago Department of Public Health
- Goldstein Policy Research Lab, Urban Center for Computation and Data, University of Chicago
- Center for Translational Metabolism and Health, Institute of Public Health and Medicine, Northwestern University
- Chicago Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (CHITREC), Institute of Public Health and Medicine, Northwestern University